Each class follows a daily routine that helps children become aware of what comes next, and thus, become more confident and cooperative. The school daily schedule is designed to provide a balance of work and play, group work and individual work, indoor activities and outdoor activities.
Sample class schedule:
- 8:30am: Morning meeting (free table activities)
- 9:00am: Circle time (incl. music, movement, social emotional learning)
- 9:30am: Learning Centers (theme related activities/ language arts, math, science, social studies)
- 10:15am: Snack and recess (outdoor activities)
- 11:00am: Story time / Art / Specials
- 12:00pm: Lunch / Clean up
- 12:30pm: Nap (ages 2.5 or 3 only) or Exploratory activities
- 1:30pm: Learning Centers (theme related activities/ language arts, math, science, social studies)
- 2:15pm: Outdoor activities
- 2:40pm: Table activities
- 3:00pm: Circle time / Closure (what did we learn today?)
- 3:15pm: Dismissal
The half day schedule stops at noon.
All activities are in the target language (Mandarin, French or Spanish), except for some of the learning centers which take place in English.