Each class follows a daily routine that helps children become aware of what comes next, and thus, become more confident and cooperative. The school daily schedule is designed to provide a balance of work and play, group work and individual work, indoor activities and outdoor activities.
Sample class schedule:
- 8:30 AM Start of Day (Spanish/French)
- 8:45-9:00 AM Circle Time / Group Meeting (Spanish/French)
- 9:00-9:45 AM Unit of Inquiry (Social Studies, Sciences, Math, Literacy Arts and Movements in Spanish/French)
- 9:45-10:30 AM Snack & Recess
- 10:30-11:00 AM: Unit of Inquiry (Spanish/French)
- 11:00-11:50 AM Specials (English & The Arts)
- 11:50 AM-12:00 PM Half-Day Dismissal
- 12:00-1:00 PM Lunch & Recess
- 1:00-2:30 PM Quiet / Rest Time
- 2:30 -3:00 PM Learning Centers (Spanish/French)
- 3:00-3:15 PM Pack-up / Departure
The half day schedule stops at noon.
All activities are in the target language (French or Spanish), except for some of the learning centers which take place in English.