Each class follows a daily routine that helps children become aware of what comes next, and thus, become more confident and cooperative. The school daily schedule is designed to provide a balance of work and play, group work and individual work, indoor activities and outdoor activities.
Sample class schedule:
- 8:30am: Morning meeting (free table activities)
- 9:00am: Circle time (incl. music, movement, social emotional learning)
- 9:30am: Learning Centers (theme related activities/ language arts, math, science, social studies)
- 10:15am: Snack and recess (outdoor activities)
- 11:00am: Story time / Art / Specials
- 12:00pm: Lunch / Clean up
- 12:30pm: Nap (ages 2.5 or 3 only) or Exploratory activities
- 1:30pm: Learning Centers (theme related activities/ language arts, math, science, social studies)
- 2:15pm: Outdoor activities
- 2:40pm: Table activities
- 3:00pm: Circle time / Closure (what did we learn today?)
- 3:15pm: Dismissal
The half day schedule stops at noon.
All activities are in the target language (French or Spanish), except for some of the learning centers which take place in English.